Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Well... I tried. I'm no Taylor Swift, that's for sure!

Haha I know it sounds like you're going to see me singing or something but don't be afraid, there's no singing here!  I attempted to do a red lip look like she does because my friend from MUG, Jess (Weighing Down on Beauty) said she'd like to see me try a Taylor Swift inspired look.  Well Jess, I'm sorry to let you down.  Actually, I did try so I guess I didn't totally fail.  I just do not like this on me at all!
So here was my inspiration:
And here's what I did (feel free to not look haha), it's kind of a mixture of all 3 (but mainly the last one)
hey look, I used some false lashes
My crazy kiddo and I colored eggs for Easter
I'm not diggin it, sorry Jess!  I want to like it, I really do but I just don't.  Red lips on me just don't go.  I will wear bright pink like nobody's business but red.... ummmm... no.  I feel like you need to be more naturally beautiful to pull this look off, I'm not trying to be mean to myself but I don't think I'm pretty enough to pull it off haha I feel like I need more!   More eyebrow color, more contouring, more bronzer, more eye shadow!!!  More more more!  Haha... I think I may have a problem.

I used Revlon Colorstay lipliner in Red and NYX lipstick in Electra for my lips.  And then I used Inglot matte shadows in 351, 352, and 363.  The liner is the usual Bobbi Brown gel liner in "Black Ink".  The lashes are Ardell natural lashes "Sweeties".  Oh!  I almost forgot!  I also used a MAC eyeshadow (Filament) that I bought when I was like 16.  I look at the color now and wonder why I bought it, it's kind of a light taupe color with major glitter in it that gets all over the place.  I thought it was actually something Taylor Swift would wear though so I put some of that on my lid. 

I don't like this but it made me feel a lot better about it when my daughter told me that I look beautiful and when she saw the picture of Taylor Swift (and I didn't ask) she told me that my makeup looks like hers.  So I hope you all have a great Easter weekend!  And congratulations if you've made it through this haha! 

16 comments:

  1. Aww you're being too hard on yourself, you ARE beautiful enough to pull this look off! You are gorgeous! I think you look so glam! I know how you feel though, I do not feel comfortable with red lips...or this kind of look...I also feel like I want more hahaha!! You did this perfectly too. And your kiddo is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pic of you together! I agree, I think it is lovely- maybe some pin curls?? You did a great job and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that last pic with you and your daughter, super cute and you look gourgous with a red lip! You rock it! I hope you grow to like red lips, they are my personal fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think you're being way too hard on yourself! you look stunning!! I love the red lips on you! You look so classic and beautiful :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonja, I have recently started following your blog. My wallet thanks you for that Inglot hoopla you started. By the end of this, I felt my eyes welling up a little bit. To see you write that you don't think you're naturally beautiful enough almost made me cry. You are absolutely so beautiful, and I hope that your husband and everyone else in your life tells you that every day! The look is stunning, and btw your daughter is precious. :)

    Lindsey (LLarrimore from MUG)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! I think you look gorgeous!!!! :o I wish I could pull off a red lip like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think u pull off the red lips really well! and the eye makeup is very similar too. looks amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMFAO!! u are too funny..u did not disappoint me at all!! I suggested her look cuz I know it is out of you comfort zone and I wanted u to try it out! I am so glad u did!! I think u look absolutly amazing with red lips! You don't like it now but it may just grow on you and the neutral eyes look so gorgeous on u too!! so glad u tried it..who knows u may come back to it one day..worst case..u know the look is not for u..lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh and u r naturally gorgeous..I know we can get down on ourselfs about makeup and certain looks..trust me I have been there, everything is trail and error, so maybe this red is not for u and thats why u do not like it, but u r gorgeous and very talented at what u do. I think the look is stunning but I know it is not what u always wear so it feels odd on u..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! But this business about not being a natural beauty stops here! I dare you to take a picture of your natural face and tell yourself how gorgeous you look in it, without any makeup. And keep saying it until you believe it. You need to see what all of us already do ;) Sorry, I know this sounds a little hokey, but it's for your own good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are crazy... you look gorgeous! I understand being uncomfortable in red lipstick, but it really does look GREAT on you. I have never worn red lipstick, so I can sympatize with the fear, but you are being way too harsh on yourself. I think the look is really pretty and would look awesome with a black cocktail dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girlfriend, you are absolutely gorgeous so don't ever doubt that! Plus makeup doesnt make a person beautiful...its whats in side...the heart...and i can tell from following your blog and reading your words how beautiful you truly are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww Meme!! That is so well said and SO true...I am agreeing with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys almost made me cry with all of your nice comments. I really do appreciate you all being so kind to me. I didn't say that trying to get compliments from you. I appreciate your support so much. I've always had confidence issues and I'm hoping that someday I can be totally comfortable with who I am (even with minimal or no makeup). I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too think it's a gorgeous look on you, I like it a lot and you imitated it quite perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think you have a great skin tone for red lips!! OWN IT!!! :D

    ReplyDelete