Followers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Mmm... cookies

Remember when I first started that I said my blog probably wouldn't be exclusively a beauty blog and I might put some recipes on here?  Well, today I'm going to share with you a really yummy recipe for Peanut Butter cookies.  My husband doesn't like chocolate so that makes it difficult to find a dessert that he and my daughter (who is a MAJOR chocolate lover, she almost dislikes anything that isn't chocolate haha) will both really like.  Well, they both love these cookies.  I baked some with my daughter today so here's what they look like.
And here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
~2 1/2 Cups flour
~1/2 tsp. baking powder
~1/2 tsp. baking soda
~1/2 tsp. salt
~1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter
~1 cup packed brown sugar
~1 cup white sugar
~1 cup peanut butter
~2 large eggs
~2 tsp. vanilla
Steps:
~Preheat oven to 350
~Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.  Set aside,
~Beat butter and sugars together until fluffy (about 3 minutes), scraping down the bowl as necessary
~Beat in peanut butter until fully incorporated
~Beat in eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
~Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
~Scoop balls with about 1.5 Tbsp. dough per scoop and drop onto baking sheet. 
~Press criss-crossed patter into the top of each ball (this is what the recipe says but I did this once and the pattern baked out of the cookies, so I don't do it anymore)
~Bake 10-12 minutes (I'm not sure how true this timing is because I don't time my cookies, I just keep an eye on them) until cookies are puffed and slightly brown around the edges but not on top.  The cookies won't look done
~Cool on sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Something I learned from one of my friends from high school is to put cookies (whatever kind) in an airtight container with a piece of bread and that makes the cookies soft (if that's something you like). 

And here's the cutest picture ever of my daughter and my handsome puppy.  Aren't they cute?  It's a lot harder than you'd think to get both of them to look good in the same picture haha.
Sorry guys, no makeup today!  But I hope that you all have a great Monday!!!  And feel free to share your dessert recipes with me because I LOVE to bake!!! 

9 comments:

  1. mmm i lovee peanut butter biscuits, haven't had them in forever though I think I may need to use this recipe now! thanks :) & what a gorgeous pic of your girl and your puppy (who looks too big to be a puppy :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really been a fan of PB cookies, might have to try this one thoug. :)

    Gah! Bri is just TOO freaking cute for her own good!!! And Sully. He's totally got to be my soul mate! Lol. I just stare into those blue eyes & fall in love again & again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv PB cookies!! thanks for the recipe..I never made them but now I JUST may!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww they are too cute!!! Your daughter is just adorable and so is your puppy!! I love pit bulls, they are the best dogs. I used to have one, and she was the best dog ever!! I will have to make these cookies with my kiddo, Kailey...she is the baker, lol...she's also a chocoholic haha but she lovess to make pb cookies! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pic! Peanut butter, I never heard of until I came to the US lol! looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to bake also! You need to check out the Bake Off recipes on pillsbury.com. Now, a lot of them use Pillsbury products, so they aren't "from scratch" per se, but there is still some effort put into them, and if you really want to, you can make the dough from scratch and then continue with the recipe. The cookie bars are my absolute favorite... I have tried so many of them. AND they are so easy to make, you can make a batch WITH chocolate for you and your daughter, and a batch that doesn't have chocolate for your hubby.

    I will have to try these cookies... I LOVE peanut butter! :)

    Thank you for all of your fun posts... As much as I love makeup, it's nice to read some rants/recipes/etc every now and then too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhh!! So glad you posted this, I've been craving peanut butter cookies for ages!! I'll defo be making these. I'll have to send you my recipe for my raspberry & white chocolate muffins they're yummy too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope anyone who makes these enjoys them! I'm not so much a fan of peanut butter (I had peanut butter pie one time and it was WAAYYY too rich so now peanut butter kinda makes me feel sick) but I like these.
    @Brittany: sometimes I think I'll give him to you because he'll eat something of mine but then he looks at me with his sad puppy eyes and I fall in love with him again haha
    @Danisaddiction: He really is a good dog (for the most part haha). It's so funny because I call my daughter "kiddo" too!
    @Lindsey: I'll definitely check it out! Thank you!
    @UrbanelyDecayed: Mmm... yes please!!

    ReplyDelete