Followers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Four years ago I married my best friend!

I am lucky enough to say that yesterday was my four year wedding anniversary.  I married a great man and we really have something so special together.  So in honor of that, I'm going to show you just a couple pictures of us from our wedding.

haha like his hat?  I gave it to him to wear to the reception.  He never went anywhere without a hat so I figured since I was marrying him for who he was, he should wear a hat at our reception.
And here we are today


I could not decide what kind of makeup to do for my anniversary!  Do I do something simple?  Do I do something sexy?  Do I do something like what I did on our wedding day (which who knows what that was haha).  So I grabbed the list of suggestions from my beautiful followers (yes, I have them all written down on a list in my bathroom) and looked it over.  I didn't want to do anything too crazy and then I saw Lindsey0901's suggestion of flowers.  I think flowers are a great inspiration, there's so many beautiful color combos in flowers and so, what better to do on my anniversary than a flower I had in my bouquet.  What flower is this you ask?  Why, it's a blue hydrangea.  I love them.  They make me happy.  

Aren't they gorgeous?  I just think they 're so pretty!  I had blue hydrangeas but they come in purple, white, green, and pink.  And even within the blues, there are a ton of color variations.  Some are more purple, some are more green, some have a lot of white, some have none.  So here is what I came up with based these beautiful flowers.


 I know I could have taken this more extreme but I wanted it to be a little softer.  When I saw my hubby, I told him to guess what my makeup was based on and I gave him the hint "it has something to do with our wedding" and he got it right away.
The colors I used are:
Inglot 388 (matte blue/purple), 351 (matte light off white color) and 395 (highlight and on top of 351).  I also used a baby blue and navy color from my 88 palette.

So that was my anniversary look!   My father-in-law just bought a house so while he and my hubby are moving boxes, I'm going to go clean his carpets.  So this shall be a fun filled day haha.  I hope you guys have a great day and I thank you so much for your support!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats girl. Many more years to come!
    I like it that you gave him the hat. "loving him for who he is"

    I'm dating my boyfriend for almost 4 years now and we are planning to get married to!

    All the best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness so pretty! Love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Sonja!!! Congratulations!! I also love that you gave him the hat to wear because you love him for who he is. LOVE it. That is really special...and SO important!!! You were a beautiful bride! You really are an amazing person. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Happy 4 year anniversary and many more to come!!! Oh...I almost forgot...haha...you look gorgeous! I love that you did your look off of the flowers from your wedding day...it couldn't have turned out more perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 4th wedding anniversary! You both look so happy and I wish you many, many more blessed moments! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 4 years of being married!! Your dress was GORGEOUS! And, I think the look was perfect for your anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww....thanks for sharing ur story with us! It is always a blessing to be with a man that u can be best friends with..that is how a relationship should be..I'm so happy for you!! :D ur look is amazing!! U soo nailed the colors in that flowers...sooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats girl!! Thats so sweet that you baught him a hat for the reception! You look gorgous in your wedding photos. And I love the makeup you did! Perfect cut crease!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your anniversary :)
    I love that you gave him a hat for the reception :)
    Make-up = stunningly beautiful as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you look beautiful and you both look so happy- congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so so much! I really appreciate it! I told my hubby you all said congrats and he says thank you too!

    @ChiqueandGlam: congratulations! I hope you enjoy planning the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! And I'm happy I was some assistance in your inspiration. LOL!

    The look is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete